“One of the Family”: Special offer for November/December 2015
In October 2015 we will be moving to live at Jungle Tide permanently. To celebrate this we are putting together a special Housewarming hosted package for guests who want a bit extra for their Sri Lankan hill country experience. The offer run from 1st November to 20th December (we’ll need October to get ourselves sorted out!). During this period we are offering stays of 7 nights fully inclusive for £600 per couple; £400 for a solo traveller; and £1,000 for a family of four with two children between 3 and 16 years (children under 3 are free). This includes:
- all meals, snacks, picnics and soft drinks and (for over 18s) local alcohol
- all personal laundry including ironing
- collection from Kandy train station and trips to and from Kandy as required
- a Sri Lankan cookery lesson from Rani, plus use of the kitchen afterwards for practice
- an accompanied tour of the village with Martin, including the school and the bakery
- guided tours with us of the Tea Museum and the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens.
Airport pick-up and drop-off deal
£50 for up to four people for pickup or drop-off direct between the airport and Jungle Tide if you book this through us. Larger groups and vehicles by arrangement.
We can arrange overnight trips for you either during or before/after your stay at Jungle Tide. Examples:
- Dambulla Cave Temples, Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya, 4* accommodation and all meals included: £100 p.p.
- Nuwara Eliya including Ramboda Falls, a working tea factory and staying at the famous colonial Hill Club. All meals included: £120 p.p.
We can arrange other trips if required – just ask. Possibilities include:
- whale watching/ turtle hatchery
- other ancient cities and archaeological sites
- history tours
- bird sanctuaries
- jungle safaris
- local guided trekking
- surfing/snorkelling/scuba diving
- white water rafting
- hot air balloon rides
- camping adventures
Your special event
We have already hosted a wedding and several big birthdays at Jungle Tide. If you would like us to arrange a special event in connection with a wedding, anniversary, birthday or any other celebration, just give us a call or send us an e-mail. We love getting involved in making other people’s time special and we are happy to discuss ideas with no commitment on either side to start with.
We are gradually developing partnerships with people who can lead a party of six to eight people in an activity holiday at prices well below those offered elsewhere. The plan is that you come up with the people and a rough idea of dates and approach us and we will work with you to firm up your plans. Once agreed we will make all the arrangements including booking flight to/from Colombo/London (Heathrow/Gatwick), airport transfers to/from Jungle Tide, all transport while you are in Sri Lanka and opportunities to visit other places in the island if your party wants a longer holiday once your activity at Jungle Tide has ended. We have three double rooms and one twin room, and two extra folding single beds which can go into any room.
So far we have two developed ideas: trekking and art holidays. Do you have other ideas? Let us know and we’ll see what we can do!
Our partner here is Ravi Desappriya of Sri Lanka Trekking www.srilankatrekking.com. This is currently a four day trek but could be longer or shorter. It includes cljmbing to the summit of the Knuckles mountains, a visit to a Veddha village (the Veddha people are the original inhabitants of the island and few of them remain), a jeep safari in Wasgamuwa National park and the opportunity to see wild elephants and other wildlife at close quarters.
Our partner is artist David McQuillan www.davidmcquillan.com. David will tutor the group in various media in two three-day sessions with a break in the middle to explore some of the local attractions. Easels, canvases and other not easily transported materials will be provided.